Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Blogs in Schools

Blogs in schools...I know this isn't new, but...WHAT A CONCEPT...to those of us who are computer immigrants, while at the same time learning to become future teachers, blogs will enable us to access a whole new world right in our classrooms. This excites me! Building class portals will enable us to send our students homework assignments, a class syllabus, handouts, rubrics, class rules, and presentations, etc. without having the students come back to us and say, "I didn't know what the homework was." (Richardson, pg 21)...Ohhhh, wait a minute...didn't Technology post our homework assignment to our blackboard?...and did I not email her because I didn't access the blackboard and was confused about the homework assignment? Well, I may still get confused but I now know to access the blackboard(which she advised us to do after each class). This will hopefully eliminate any future confusion . Blogs in schools will also give us access to information and classrooms around the world. Our students will be taught to think more analytically, and blogs will be a powerful medium where we can collaborate with other educators. As new teachers we will also become new learners.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that blogging can help you as a student. I remember when I was in school I wished there was a way to confirm the assignment without having to call the teacher or bug a classmate. Blogging is a great way to keep us connected to our class and the world. Nice first blog! Tigger is awesome but Eeyore is the man :P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have experienced what I call the 'magic' of teaching. It is like an a-ha moment when ideas take shape and lead to other idea and more ideas and more... You are beginning to think like a teacher.

    I love the pictues. It shows your personality. That is not easy to do on a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara
    I am going to certainly enjoy learning more info on the use of blogging; hoping to become proficient enough to encorporate in my classroom.While students do come in more tech savvy than most teachers, there are still many opportunities to learn from one another. At the high school level I learned a lot from my students,and they learned from me; it is a two way street.

    ReplyDelete